This policy sets out how Light Aircraft Sales and group companies within the Light Aircraft Sales Network collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information.
How does Light Aircraft Sales protect my privacy?
Light Aircraft Sales respects the importance of your privacy and is bound by the Privacy Act 1988) (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), and applicable privacy regulations. Light Aircraft Sales is committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information and has policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
What personal information about me is collected?
Personal information collected by Light Aircraft Sales will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the services that we are providing to you and may include:
- identification details, which may include your full name
- contact information which may include email address and mobile phone number;
- user IDs and passwords;
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
- business or personal information, such as ABN and address
- information submitted in placing an advertisement, for example aircraft details and pricing;
- information submitted in applying for or requesting a quote for a related product such as finance or insurance;
- your IP address, information about the devices on which you visit the Light Aircraft Sales Network, and your activities on those devices or sites (including browser and operating system, time, date, referral information, location, carrier and site interactions);
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
- your public social profile information (e.g. name, profile picture) together with the email address you use to log into your social media account;
- records and content of communications with Light Aircraft Sales or any other person including records and content using Communications Services (as that term is defined in Light Aircraft Sales’ Terms and Conditions of Use);
- if you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time, personal information relating to your survey responses;
- if you are applying for employment with us, personal information that is relevant to such employment;
- information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers;
- if you are using an Android device, advertising-specific device identifiers (if you opt-out of ad tracking, you may reset the advertising-specific device identifiers to disassociate the device from remarketing data that was collected and passed before the opt-out. For more information, please contact your device manufacturer); and
- if you are using an Apple device, your Advertising Identifier.
Please note that any records and content provided in hard copy format may be stored and scanned electronically by Light Aircraft Sales.
Light Aircraft Sales, and the Light Aircraft Sales Network, do not collect sensitive information as defined in the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records (save where provided by law enforcement authorities) or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, Light Aircraft Sales may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
How is my personal information collected?
Light Aircraft Sales may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to Light Aircraft Sales or Light Aircraft Sales Network companies in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise), for example when you create an advertisement on one of our websites; when you enquire about an item on one of our websites; when you subscribe to a newsletter or any alerts; when you purchase goods or services from Light Aircraft Sales or a third party via the Light Aircraft Sales Network; when you enter a competition or promotion conducted by Light Aircraft Sales, or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
- directly from you when you communicate with Light Aircraft Sales or any other person using Light Aircraft Sales Communications Services;
- from third parties such as dealers, resellers of Light Aircraft Sales services and service providers to Light Aircraft Sales;
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the Light Aircraft Sales Network (Linked Sites);
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from 3rd party data providers and other entities where you have directed or otherwise consented to the collecting entity (or a service provider on its behalf) sending us data;
- through use of Light Aircraft Sales proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
- from organisations identified or described under the heading ‘How is personal information disclosed’, which include Light Aircraft Sales Network companies, our service providers and other third parties so that we may provide an enhanced and more relevant user experience, service or product to you.
How is my personal information used?
More specifically, your personal information may be used for purposes including:
- to maintain appropriate business records or manage our relationship with you;
- to research, develop, improve and use within Light Aircraft Sales products and services and by its outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services;
- to respond to an enquiry or provide our services, products or assistance that you request from us;
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Light Aircraft Sales Network services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Light Aircraft Sales Network;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, please let us know or using the unsubscribe facility in a direct marketing communication sent to you);
- for purposes connected with the operation of the Light Aircraft Sales Network;
- for staff training and quality assurance;
- to aggregate personal information with our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
- to contact winners of trade promotions run by Light Aircraft Sales.
How is my personal information shared?
Light Aircraft Sales may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than Light Aircraft Sales. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- Light Aircraft Sales Network companies and staff;
- the public if you advertise with Light Aircraft Sales or use publicly available Communications Services;
- individuals and organisations that advertise with Light Aircraft Sales if you submit an enquiry or seek or acquire certain services through Light Aircraft Sales – or a third party supplier working with that advertiser to provide those services. Depending on your enquiry or the services being sought or acquired, these may include:
- private advertisers;
- aircraft brokers;
- operators of third party web sites, co-branded web sites and applications and advertising served to the Light Aircraft Sales Network by third parties;
- financial service providers;
- insurance service providers;
- aircraft inspection service providers;
- ferry service providers;
- payment services providers;
- outsourced service providers who assist any of the above persons to provide services;
If you do not want Light Aircraft Sales to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit an enquiry or acquire those services.
- outsourced service providers who assist Light Aircraft Sales to provide its services including:
- information technology providers;
- marketing and market research advisers and survey providers;
- professional advisers;
- data service providers, who may also disclose your personal information to our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them (you can opt out of this type of activity by letting us know
- payment platforms.
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- resellers of Light Aircraft Sales services;
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of a Light Aircraft Sales Network or any of its assets, business or shares;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police; and
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
Where Light Aircraft Sales discloses your personal information to a data service provider, Light Aircraft Sales will take all reasonable steps to ensure those data service providers comply at all times with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
How do I keep my personal information up to date?
Light Aircraft Sales strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. Light Aircraft Sales may verify the accuracy of personal information it holds against information about you held by a third party. You may update certain personal information through your account (if you have one) or contact us by email.
Light Aircraft Sales may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
How do I access my information?
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please login to your account.
How is my information protected?
The Light Aircraft Sales Network takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on the Light Aircraft Sales Network systems.
Is my personal information shared outside of Australia?
Can I deal with Light Aircraft Sales anonymously?
You may deal with Light Aircraft Sales anonymously by using a pseudonym, unless Light Aircraft Sales is required or authorised by law to deal only with an identified person, or it is impracticable for us to respond to you if you have not identified yourself.
What if I choose not to provide my personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, Light Aircraft Sales may not be able to provide you with the full range of Light Aircraft Sales services.
How does the Light Aircraft Sales Network and Linked Sites record my activity and use it?
Third party websites
Light Aircraft Sales – Cookies policy
What are cookies and how are they used?
A cookie is data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser. The cookie is stored for a period of time.
- Functional – to perform helpful functions on the Light Aircraft Sales Network.
- Authentication – to allow Light Aircraft Sales to “remember” that you logged in as a member and provide you with member-only functions.
- Analytical – to allow Light Aircraft Sales to analyse user behaviour on an aggregate and anonymized level so that we can improve the site. We store information such as IP address and device ID for our internal business insights.
- Advertising – to allow Light Aircraft Sales and third party advertisers to track your browsing behaviour across the site and serve advertising based on that behaviour.
Interest based advertising means using behavioural information about a person online to show them advertising more likely to be of interest to them. It doesn’t mean that you receive more advertising- just that what you see is more likely to be appropriate.
The information Light Aircraft Sales collects via cookies may be linked to other information Light Aircraft Sales and its Network companies hold about a user, compiling a complete profile about Light Aircraft Sales users’ browsing, purchasing and other activities. This data may be used by Light Aircraft Sales to provide personalised offers, marketing and advertising- including advertising across devices linked to the same IP address, or by third parties. Data may be shared with advertisers for these purposes.
We partner with third parties that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for the purpose of delivering more relevant advertising to you. Our partners use this information to recognise you across different channels and platforms over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes.
Your cookie options
How to contact Light Aircraft Sales about my personal information?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to discuss details about your personal information, please e-mail us or call +61 395311018 inside normal business hours.
Please note that Light Aircraft Sales is permitted to retain certain personal information for the purposes notified to you under this policy, including, for example, to maintain appropriate business records.
Light Aircraft Sales treats complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint (after providing us with a reasonable time to respond) or would like further information about privacy in Australia, then we suggest you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website.
Does this policy change?
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.